Monday, May 20, 2013

Salted Caramel Cupcakes


I know it's been absolutely ages since I posted on my blog but life has been so busy and the last thing I think of when I get a bit of down time is my blog. I have been baking and taking photos but then I forget where I got the recipe from and then it all seems too much! As well as thatI have a new Macbook and when I do try to load a photo onto blogger it won't do it!!! Very very very frustrating as I now have to do it in a round about and far more complicated way! NOT conducive to blogging regularly. So if anyone has any idea about what is wrong so I can blog easily from my laptop please let me know.

Anyway I found this recipe on a wonderful blog I follow called A Cookbook A Month where they choose a cookbook and spend the next month cooking from it. This makes so much sense to me as I am one of those people who buys a new cookbook, looks through it making plans of what I'm going to cook, then puts it on the bookshelf and promptly forgets about it. So this way you really get to give it a good go and at the end decide if you want to keep it or get rid of it. This recipe is from 'Hummingbird Bakery Home Sweet Home' and is so good I had to buy the book. Actually now that I have an iPad and the Kindle app it is far far too easy to buy new cookbooks and have them be downloaded straight away. It take immediate gratification to a whole new level. 

The most interesting thing about this recipe is the way the cupcakes are made. I was dubious....very very dubious and almost didn't make them at all. BUT I put my trust in it and hey presto they worked so well. The salt I used for my salted caramel in the middle of the cupcake (which was just a can of the caramelised condensed milk) was the lovely and fragrant Fleur De Sel salt. But you can use some Maldon salt if you want instead. I thought they tasted as delicious as they looked. Really you must give these a go. To find the recipe go here or buy the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment