Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Crescent Rolls




I can hear you questioning now....that is not a roll it's an attempt at making croissants! Well you read correctly it's a soft, delicous roll which is a cross between that and a croissant but more roll than anything. I found this recipe online out there in the blogging world and have had it bookmarked to try. On Sunday the morning was a bit rainy so it seemed like the perfect time to get baking. They are made in a similar way to a croissant but with less butter. BUT the result is a deliciously soft and tender but still a bit buttery roll which in my house were all hoovered up in less than an hour. So good straight from the oven with some fresh butter on!!!

I got the recipe from here but note she forgets to say when to add the oil so I did this when I added the wet ingredients. So so so easy but you will need a good 3-4 hours of waiting time. Trust me when I say that these rolls are well worth it!

1 comment:

  1. These are gorgeous looking rolls Megan - and I'd say that if they are a cross between a bread roll and a croissant, they would keep everyone happy at breakfast time. Thank you for your lovely comment on my post about Fred - I can't read it myself just yet without getting tearful.

    ReplyDelete