Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Gooey Cinnamon Cake





I spotted a recipe for Gooey Butter Cake ages and ages ago and in typical form when I tried to remember where and what it was exactly, I had a real mind block. I only knew that it was gooey and caramelised on top but that was it. I searched and searched (going more and more crazy), my blogs and the internet but got it totally wrong instead looking for a recipe which had condensed milk in it. How wrong I was, there is no condensed milk in this and when I finally spotted this version on David Lebovitz's blog, I knew immediately that this was my lost cake. I made it for night shift and I have to say it was delicious with a cup of tea. I liked it's simplicity but it's caramelised topping which gave it a bit of oomph! The cinnamon only added to it's yumminess. f you want to find this recipe you can find it here. I have to say though, I most certainly did NOT grind my own cinnamon!

No comments:

Post a Comment