Monday, May 7, 2012

Custard Kisses



Well I seem to have a huge backlog of things to blog about. Life has been frantically busy and there has been little free time for things like blogging. No doubt other bloggers have their down times too when life just gets in the way so I'll chalk it up to that. While I would love to post the recipe for this, for the life of me I can't remember where I got it from. This is the downside to having far too many cooking magazines, recipe books as well as all the recipes I have bookmarked online and the internet cooking/baking sites I regularly visit. I promise when I do remember where I got this recipe from I will post it, even though I have already wasted far too much time trying to find it! I do know that they had custard powder in both the biscuit and the icing and I have to admit to a real weakness for good old Edmonds custard which was probably what drew me to the recipe in the first place. Edmonds custard takes me right back to my childhood where if we were lucky enough to have pudding, it was often Edmonds custard and tinned fruit. 


Anyway I do remember these biscuits were delicious. No doubt the whereabouts of this recipe will hit me in the middle of the night so when it does I'll make sure to post it because you really will want to make these biscuits.


And an update today 11/5/2012 is that I found the recipe! Of course it was right in front on me but that's usually how it is isn't it?


Custard Kisses (Foodtown Magazine)


250g butter
1/2 c icing sugar
1 1/2 c flour
1/4 c each: custard powder and cornflour
1/2 tsp baking powder


Filling
50g butter, softened
1 1/2c icing sugar
2-3 Tbsp custard powder
1-2 Tbsp hot water


Preheat oven to 160C and line baking trays with baking paper.


Cream butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy. Sift over the flour, custard powder, cornflour, baking paper and mix until a soft dough forms.


Roll into little balls or else pipe into star shapes (my mixture was too firm to pipe).


Bake about 15 mins or until firm and starting to colour around the edges. Leave on the trays to cool.


Mix together the ingredients for the filling but add the water slowly so it isn't too runny. Sandwich the custard kisses together.











No comments:

Post a Comment