Monday, May 28, 2012

Gluten Free Blueberry and Lemon Muffins




Dons has been on at me to do some baking for her for a while now. One of the things she has wanted was some Blueberry Muffins. I have to admit that while I am a pretty good baker, muffins are not my strong suit. For some reason I can't stop mixing them (it's the lumps!), so they often turn out to be not as light as they should be. So this coupled with the fact that it needed to GF, was enough to make me put it off for as long as I could. The other day, I finally got some courage and decided to give them a go. I ended up using a normal recipe and substituting the flour with GF flour. I also added in some lemon zest to give it an extra bit of something. Dons said they were delicious and most importantly they were light! Wow maybe I have finally ended the too-dense muffin period!? I made half the recipe in case they were a disaster (I got 6 muffins) but will give you the whole recipe instead.


GF Blueberry and Lemon Muffins


2 eggs
1 c sugar
1/2 c vegetable oil (I used Grapeseed)
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 c GF flour (I used Orgran brand)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder (I added this in as the baking soda didn't seem to be enough)
1 c sour cream
1 c frozen blueberries
Zest of a large lemon


Preheat the oven to 200C and line muffin tins with cases.


In a large bowl beat the eggs, zest and sugar together. Slowly beat in the oil then stir in the vanilla.


Sift in the dry ingredients and stir in the sour cream. Gently fold in the blueberries. I made sure to not overmix it this time.


Bake about 20-25 mins. Remove from the tins to cool.





No comments:

Post a Comment