Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Cupcakes for Harry's Class





Tomorrow Harry has his class shared lunch to mark the end of the term. He was away from school today with a cold and a trip to the dentist to have a tooth pulled out, so instead of racing around doing all the things I had planned before the dentist visit, I spent the day baking. Not the end of the world that's for sure, but with a 7 year old who fancies himself as a bit of a budding chef and a mother who sees baking as a form of relaxation.... well somehow the two don't really go together! It seemed like the oven was on for the whole day as I made a huge Banana and Coconut Cake, a Caramel Weetbix Slice and these cupcakes. As it is Easter time of course the only flavour option was chocolate and this recipe is rich, light and delicious. To complete the Easter theme I topped them with green-grass buttercream and plonked a few little eggs on top. Unfortunately the heat in the house was pretty feisty so the 'grass' did wilt a little but I think these look pretty cure and I'm sure the kids will love them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment