Friday, February 3, 2012

Baking with Harry- Chocolate Chip, Apricot and Almond Biscuits

Armed and ready with his own recipe book to copy recipes into

Mixing

Getting ready to roll

Photo opp with mummy

Pressing the dough down (excuse the messy pantry behind)

Copying the recipe down

Cooling biscuits



YUM!
Today is Harry's last holiday day before school starts next Tuesday (I think his school is the last one to start back of all the schools in Auckland!). So with the drizzly (but now clearing) weather outside and seriously depleted bank account for all the holiday expense, we decided to do some baking. Harry will write something after me which was all part of the fun and baking experience for him. I found this recipe off a new blog I have found called After Taste for these yummy and relatively healthy biscuits. They really are yummy and would perfect for the school lunchbox AND you can feel a little virtuous while you are scoffing them down.


Here is Harry's contribution....


hi its the last day of my Holiday so we decided to do some cooking it was very fun i loved the biscuits!!!!! . 


Chocolate Chip, Apricot and Almond Biscuits


100 g margarine (I used the butter oil mix called Country Goodness)
1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla 
1/3 c chocolate chips (I prefer dark)
1/4 c dried apricots, chopped
1/4 c chopped nuts (I used almonds)
1/2 c wholemeal flour
1/2 c white flour
1/2 c rolled oats
1 tsp baking powder



Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. 


Cream the margarine and sugar together in a bowl until thick, light and creamy. Add vanilla and mix through. Then add chocolate chips, dried apricots and nuts and mix well. Add sifted flours, rolled oats and baking powder and mix until well combined.


Line oven trays with baking powder. Roll the mixture into balls and arrange on a tray, allowing space for mixture to spread. Press down with a fork, holding onto the sides of the ball to prevent it crumbling.


Cook for around 10 minutes or until lightly browned on top but still soft in the middle. Allow to cool for a few minutes on the tray before removing to a wire rack.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Megan. Thanks for my Liebster award! That's lovely. I'm not in New Zealand though, but lovely old Melbourne! I would love to participate but I don't know anyone with a blog with less than 200 followers! Will put my thinking cap on... Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello :-) My name is Bridget and After Taste is the blog I operate :-) I am so glad you and your son came across this recipe! It sure is delicious. Loved discovering your blog too. Also love the photos!

    ReplyDelete