Friday, January 13, 2012

Baking For Nightshift- Spiced Yoghurt Cake




So even though I still have a few other 'event' posts to do, I thought I would post this before I go to work tonight. Even though I am feeling more than a little tired today due to a late night at a 50th last night, I thought I should take something to work tonight as I have been a bit slack in the last couple of weeks. This is mostly due to a little bit of cooking-fatigue purely because of all the cooking and baking I have done in the last month or so. As well as that it's school holidays here and having the boys around means there is less time to spend in the kitchen and even less time to spend blogging. 


Anyway I spotted this recipe on the Foodlovers site ages ago and it has been on my list to bake at some stage. The cake is baked and cooled after which the topping is grilled for a few minutes until it's all caramelly. I did slice a piece and try the top of it, purely for the blog of course, and I have to say it is well worth making and is one which I will make again. The only thing I didn't do was use the full 60ml (1/4c) of yoghurt for the topping instead using a spoonful. I think the full amount would have been too much but try it if you feel the need. 


You can find the recipe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment