Sunday, October 16, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies- Annabel Langbein





After what seems like forever Annabel Langbein's new book ' A Free Range Cook In The City' was finally released. You know your addicted and have a cookbook obsession when you wait trying to be patient for the release date of a new cookbook. In my defense Annabel Langbein is my most favourite cook. I love her recipes and her books and pretty much have every single one. Luckily for me Dons bought it for me as a surprise before I had a chance to get to the bookshop myself (she had to get in quick!). It was worth the wait and there are loads of recipes I want to try. 


Today is a lovely Sunday relaxing family day so I asked Harry if he wanted to do some baking. I knew he would be keen and I also knew he would choose chocolate chip biscuits. I have posted many a chocolate chip biscuit recipe and this one is not all that different to the one I make all the time. There were a few differences in the recipe quantities but the one thing she does is to chop up the chocolate so you get little slivers and some big chunks. This makes for a really good biscuit. The condensed milk helps to make them crispy and I love how rustic and homemade they look. Make these, they are so easy and fun to do with a little one. I only made half the recipe but I'll give the full recipe here so you can choose what you do with it. You can get 70 biscuits out of the full recipe apparently.


Chocolate Chip Cookies (Annabel Langbein)


500g butter, softened
1 c sugar
1/2 c condensed milk
4 1/2 c flour
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla
500g chocolate, roughly chopped


Preheat the oven to 160C and line trays with baking paper.


Cream the butter and sugar well then add the condensed milk and vanilla. Stir in the chocolate, flour and baking powder. Put into the fridge for 15 mins to firm up a bit then roll into walnut sized pieces. Flatten with your hands then press down again with a fork to get that nice homemade effect. 


Bake about 15 minutes until a golden brown. Leave on the tray for a few minutes then put the biscuits onto a rack to cool properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment