Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Baking for Nightshift- Coconut Ice Slice and Triple Chocolate Brownies




One of the cookbooks I have bought lately is Helen Jackson's new book called 'Helen Jackson Kitchen'. I have, for a long time now, listened to Helen on Radio Live's Saturday morning Kitchen and Garden Show, as well as being a frequent visitor to her Foodlovers website. The forums on this site are a really good little community of people who are always willing to help and contribute. When her book was released I knew I wouldn't be able to resist it for too long...and I was right!


One of the recipes I saw when I first opened the book was this one so I'm quite surprised it has taken me so long to actually make it, (well a couple of months anyway). I made it for the first of my last set of night shifts over Queen's Birthday weekend and I have to say it was very easy to whip up. If you have a very sweet tooth then this is the recipe for you however even for my tastes it was a bit too sweet. I also expected it to have a more solid topping but it was actually quite soft which made it less appealing. I don't think I will make it again as I don't think it was quite what I wanted or expected. I'm sorry but I also can't post the recipe as I would like to support Helen's book. However if you do want the recipe you can let me know and I can email it to you privately.


I am lucky to work with a great set of girls and we often organise a food night where we all bring something to share. The second of my night shifts was one of these. When I woke up I really needed something that was easy and fast to make. These triple chocolate brownies was just the thing. Healthy...no, debauched...yes, decadent...yes. You can find the recipe here in my blog. Make these...they will become your go to when you need something yummy in a hurry.







No comments:

Post a Comment