Saturday, May 28, 2011

Lemon and Raspberry Loaf


For quite a few years now I have been following the forums on a website called Foodlovers which is owned by a woman called Helen Jackson. You might know her as she is also one of the hosts of the Kitchen and Garden Show on Radio live on a Saturday morning. Anyway she recently released a book called 'Helen Jackson's Kitchen' and I, of course, had to buy it....I did resist for a couple of weeks but temptation got the better of me and I caved in. It's a fantastic book with easy to follow recipes. It isn't so basic as to be boring or unchallenging but it also isn't so challenging that the recipes are unachievable. If you want a good all-round cookbook which you can use for everyday food as well as food for a special occasion, then this book is it. I have made the 4 1/2 c chicken and can recommend this highly. 


Anyway as I lean to the baking side I thought I would try out the recipe for this delicious sounding, yet easy to whip up, loaf to take to my friend Annie's house when I go to see the new puppies this afternoon. I mean how can you go wrong with lemon and raspberry! This loaf is divine- I HAD to try it of course in the interests of this blog! It is very easy to make and the flavour is wonderful. In fact it tastes even better than I thought it would given the ingredients. 


I recommend having a look at the Foodlovers website as it has loads of great recipes and a fantastic forum to follow. There is a recipe on there for a Lemon and Blueberry Loaf which is the same as this recipe but with raspberries substituted. It is not only lovely with a cup of tea but would also make a great dessert especially with some lemon curd and whipped cream or nice yoghurt on the side.


Make sure to check out the book...you might be like me and unable to resist temptation.




No comments:

Post a Comment