Friday, April 22, 2011

Hot Cross Buns



This is just a quick post with a couple of photos of the Hot Cross Buns I made today. While they look pretty good, I think they are not as light in texture as I wanted to be. After agonising over many recipes I finally settled on and Alison Holst one in her Bread Book. I don't think it is her recipe that is wrong but more the fact that I let the dough rise in the fridge overnight and didn't quite bring it back to room temperature completely before baking them. They are still nice when they are warmed in the microwave though and then the inside of them softens up making them more the texture I had hoped for. Anyway I'll leave you with a few photos of Harry taken this morning...Reubs is away which is why there are none of him. Happy Easter everyone!!!


Eating a Hot Cross Bun


Licking the bowl for the cake I will be posting about later on...

No comments:

Post a Comment