Thursday, April 14, 2011

Easter Cupcakes for Harry's Class



Just a quick post to put up photos of the cupcakes I have made for Harry's last day at school. I can hardly believe the first term is over already. Next week it is Easter so I thought I would make some Easter themed cupcakes as a treat for the kids in his class when I pick him up from school tomorrow. I actually whipped these up when I got home this morning from work before I went to bed...and I'm glad I did as I don't think I would have had the time to make and decorate them when I got up this afternoon. The recipe I used was one I have made countless times and one which makes the most delicious chocolate cupcake. You can find the recipe which is on my blog here. The icing is a lovely vanilla buttercream coloured with the Wilton colour 'kelly green' to give it a grassy look. As time was of the essence I piped it on with my grass tip (I have no idea what the tip is actually called but it makes great grass, fur or hair), and popped on some little chocolate eggs. Hopefully the kids will like them and will all have a lovely 2 week break from the routine of school.


Harry in his new superhero costume

No comments:

Post a Comment