Friday, February 18, 2011

Ripes Sweet Sweet Muffins- Raspberry and Chocolate




The other day I was flicking through the Ripe cookbook, (as I seem to do all the time it's such a good book!), when I spotted this recipe for Sweet Sweet muffins. it's a base recipe and you can add whatever flavours you like. The book suggest quite a few different options including apple and pecan; feijoa and pear; and passionfruit and coconut. After checking out my stocks I decided on raspberry and chocolate. I would have preferred white chocolate but only had milk or dark so went with the milk. I only made half the recipe as I assumed that the 12 it said the recipe would make, would be the big muffins. I was right and therefore I got 12 standard sized muffins out of only half the mix. I really loved this recipe. It's easy, makes lovely muffins, and the boys also really liked them. In fact I have been having one for breakfast each day warmed slightly in the microwave.


Ripe's Sweet Sweet Muffins


200 gm butter
4 large eggs
1 c milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 c caster sugar
2 c fruit or your choice of mix
4 c self raising flour
2 tsp cinnamon


Preheat the oven to 180 C and line your muffin tins (you will easily get 24 standard sized muffins out of the full recipe).


Melt the butter and leave to cool slightly.


In a large bowl combine the eggs, vanilla, milk and sugar.


Add your flavour combination.


Add flour, cinnamon and melted butter and gently fold together until only just combined. Don't overmix.


Bake about 20 mins.

1 comment: