Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Stained Glass Jelly for Christmas Day





One of the blogs I follow had a post for this Jelly. My children LOVE jelly and in fact, I do too. You can use whatever colours you want depending on the occasion. I know I should have gone with the Christmas theme of red and green but I couldn't resist going to multi-coloured. It is very easy and I think for the effect it's well worth making again. it is quite sweet but with some icecream or cream it would be pretty good. You can also cut out squares and put them into cupcake liners if you were presenting them as part of a dessert platter. The next one I want to try is the coffee jello which is apparently like the Vietnamese style of making coffee with condensed milk in it. Great for a hot day when you need that coffee but it's too hot to make one.


Stained Glass Jell-O


4 packets of jelly in whatever colour you like (I always use Greggs)
1 tin of condensed milk
4 1/2 tsp gelatin (or 2 packets)


Make each jelly up in only 1 c of boiling water and set in a shallow containers (not a bowl).


Once it is set cut into squares.


In a separate bowl 'bloom' the gelatin in 1/2 c cold water, then pour over 1 1/2 c boiling water and stir to dissolve. Add in the condensed milk and stir until melted. Cool right down or it will melt the jelly when you pour in it.


Take the squares of coloured jelly out of the containers and mix them carefully. I used my hands so the jelly didn't break up. Pour over the milk mixture and set in the fridge before cutting into squares. I lined my dish with cling film to make it easier to remove. 

No comments:

Post a Comment